Friday, July 22, 2011

July 15 Part 2

The second happiest day of my life came again on July 15th.  On our 4th anniversary, Colby and I welcomed our sweet baby girl, Baylor Ann Peek into the world. She weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 18 3/4 inches long.  And she was awesome!  I had to wait a full 24 hours before I was able to hold her, but once I got my hands on her it was an instant, overhwhelming, can't believe I have a daughter, love!

 

Since that day Baylor has been a mover and a groover and has not slowed down yet!  She went from being in the 15th percentile when she was born, to at 1 year old the 85th percentile!  She's a big girl!
And she was SO excited for her party! :)  The year we did an owl theme, "Look Who's One!"


We had owl cupcakes and an owl smash cake.

Owl party favors and a frame that everyone signed with her birthday invitaiton as the picture.

I made few birthday banners, this one was a pennant banner that had a picture from each month of her precious life!


And of course, not party would be complete without a pintata! ;)



I think Bay's favorite part of the party was eating her cake. She started out eating it so delicately...


But it was just too good to eat that slow, so she dug right in!



I know some people think it's silly to have a party for a one year old, and I agree it probably is, BUT this year had so much to be celebrated!  We had a new baby, and a new job, in a new town, didn't have much of a clue what we were doing and we survived!  Not only did we survive, but God blessed us immensely throughout the entirety of this year.  And I thought it was something to be celebrated.  We had new friends, old friends, and family to help celebrate.  All of Baylor's little playdate friends and fellow coach's kids came out to party.  And it was great!  Thanks to all who throughout this crazy year have prayed for us, loved us, accepted us, been there for us, we couldn't have done it without you!

All that being said, it is crazy how much can change in a year!  Especially from infant to 1. For example:

The progession of passies.

She's gone from lots of bottles to a few sippy cups.

Her clothing size has especially changed!

Happy Birthday sweet Baylor!  You are such a blessing and I can't wait for what's to come!

3 comments: