Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 15 Part 1

July 15th.  What a special day in the Peek household!  The main reason is that it is the day that I married my one true love!  Cheezy, but true. :)  I have loved Colby Don for as long as I can remember.  In the 6th grade we "went together"  for about 2 weeks until my dad made us break up...what!?!?  But it was too late.  I had already fallen head over heels.  Here we are at the 8th grade banquet. I thought he was SOOOO dreamy! ;)





We both dated or "talked" with other people throughout middle school and high school, but the summer I was 16 Colby finally asked me to go on a REAL date!  After that the rest is history.  Here is a pic of us that just happened to get taken the day we made our relationship "official."  I look 12, but I really was 16.




After dating throughout the remainder of high school and college(ish), we made our lifetime commitment to each other in a sweet ceremony at my hometown church of FBC Sulphur Springs.  It was an awesome day that I will never forget.


Now, there are lots more embarrassing pics I could post of us throughout our "dating" period, but they are in the attic so I will have to save them for another time. :)  So, after 4 flawless years of marriage...yeah right...maybe I should say 4 memorable, exciting, wouldn't trade them for the world, love filled years of marriage God let us give each other the best gift a married couple could give one another, the gift of life! But that is another post for another day!  I love you Colby Don!!!!!



Matthew 19:4-6

Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."


1 comment: