Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A New Season

Well...it turns out I'm not as consistent of a blogger as I thought I would be. We are definitely in a new season of life!  We have moved from our hometown of Sulphur Springs, had a baby, joined a new church, started new jobs, moved into a new home, made new friends...everything this year is new!  It has been an adventure to say the least!  It has also bonded Colby and I in a completely new and different way.  We have been pushed out of our comfort zone and become much closer because of that for sure!

This year Colby did not coach football.  I must say...as much as I disliked the amount of time that he spent away from home when he did coach football...I kind of missed it!  I know I know...not something you thought you would hear coming from me!  I guess growing up as a football coaches kid, I am just used to Friday nights being football nights.  I am used to the crazy schedules, carpools with other families, and the bond that it creates with everyone on the staff. Colby has still been somewhat involved in Friday nights because he is now the "Get Back" coach.  He literally tells kids, "Get back."  Apparently you can get penalties if you cross the white line...!  The football coaches wives have very graciously let me tag along with them as well and we have both really enjoyed getting to know everyone.  The Poteet Pirate football team has had a dream season so far.  They went from winning only one game in 2 years, being picked dead last in their district, to going 4 rounds deep into the playoffs...at least!  It has been fun for us to get to be apart of this and share in the joy and excitement that is...High School Football BUT now that Thanksgiving has come and gone Colby has started his first official soccer season as the Head Coach of the Mesquite Poteet Boys Soccer.  Woo hoo!  I am so nervous for him just because I want he and his team to bond and have a great season together and I want my husband to be successful because I know this is something he pours his heart into...meanwhile Colb is a cool as a cucumber.  Typical! =)  He does not stress about anything, which is good, because I stress about everything!!!

Enough about him though...time for Baylor!  She has experienced many firsts lately.  She has had her first fever, eaten her first rice cereal, eaten her first squash, worn her first pair of pantie hose, had her first Thanksgiving, found her toes.  She literally changes overnight and discovers something new everyday.  I'm so glad God has given me the opportunity to stay home with her this year.  Sometimes I think she changes in between naps! =)  Here are a few pics of my precious baby girl..and yes I am completely biased!

Reading a goodnight story.

We love bath time!

Her first time to wear pantie hose!

Her first time to eat cereal...a lot more goes in the mouth these days!

Merry Christmas...yes those are Christmas tights!

She even likes to try and sit up these days!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am sooo glad things are going well for you and your family. Baylor is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad you are getting this time to bond with her. It will mean so much to the both of you in the future. We miss you here:-))

    Toi Crook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job girl! I am so proud of you for allowing yourself to grow - better - through all these changes!! Baylor is precious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Keep those posts coming!

    ReplyDelete