Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mylea Lou turns ONE!

I can't believe my baby is ONE! It has been a whirlwind year and she has been the perfect addition to our family!

Much like her sister, Mylea came into this world earlier than expected.(For me, that's a good thing. Less time to stress about the "what ifs" and more time to enjoy and love on our second miracle!) In the previous days leading up to Mylea's birth I was swollen and miserable. I also had a headache that I just couldn't shake. And I never get headaches. So, early Saturday morning ,on July 6...about 3:30 am, I decided I should probably get my blood pressure checked because this could be one of those high blood pressure headaches. Ridiculous, I know. But where do you go to get your blood pressure checked in the middle of the night? Wal Mart of course. :) Bay was with my parents as I had attended a college roommates wedding the night before so Colb and I made the trek to Wal Mart. Their BP machine was broken, but since it's Wal Mart they had one I could buy. We came back home, Colb went to bed and told me to wake him up if I needed him, and I proceeded to take my BP. I have always had a low BP, but on this day it was something crazy like 170/112. I don't remember exactly, but after three high readings I called the on call doctor. He told me to come in to Labor and Delivery and we would run some tests and go from there. So I woke up Colby, called my parents just in case, and off we went to the hospital. We were 3 weeks before Mylea's due date. I asked Colb what he thought was about to happen. His response was, "I think we're going to be here a long time, spend a lot of money, and come home." Apparently he thought I was being dramatic about the whole thing. ;) We made it to the hospital, talked to the nurses about what was going on, and got changed into a hospital gown. The mood was pretty light, but after the first time they took my blood pressure the mood completely changed. Doctors were called, IVs were hooked up, medicine was given, and I was told to expect to meet my baby girl within the hour. Wait, what?!?! The hour?!?! Then the nurses started doing their "shop talk" around me. I hate "shop talk". I appreciate everything they do, but I am the type of person who does not need to hear it.  They were saying things like, "Wow that's a high blood pressure". "I know, we've already given her a dose of ___." "Give her another. " "How close is the doctor?" "Let's start the magnisium." "Ok, now we're going to give you a med to raise your BP so you don't bleed out in surgery. "  My response: "Wait. Stop. I'm not ready. I don't think this is a good idea. We should wait until my regular doctor comes back in a few days. I don't feel so well. I can't really breathe. I feel like maybe I'm about to die. Let's just wait". Uh , yes, I was panicking. Their response, "Let's give her a dose of _____ to ease the stress. " And everything after that was sunshine and rainbows! Seriously. It was a great birthing experience after that! And the best part?


I got to kiss her as soon as she was born.  

Her daddy got to be the first one to snuggle her and hold her tight 

I held her and I never had to let go.   

She was perfect and she was ours. 

Bay's first time meeting Mylea. 

Our sweet 7lb 8 oz bundle 

What a difference 12 hours can make!

Mylea Lou, your daddy and I love you so much. You are a miracle from our God and you are fearfully and wonderfully made. We praise Jesus for the opportunity to parent you here an this earth and we pray that you would grow to love Him all the days of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment