Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Mylea Lou!

Mylea Lou entered this world 3 weeks early at 7:51am on July 6, 2013. She weighed 7lbs 8oz and was 19 1/4 inches long.  After 3 years of just loving Baylor, I didn't see how it was possible for me to love 2 girls as much as I loved one, but,  the moment I heard Mylea cry I, for the second time in my life, fell instantaneously and overwhelmingly in love with our second little miracle Mylea Lou.



The day Mylea was to be released from the hospital her jaundice levels were too high and they decided to keep her an extra day to do light therapy. I didn't think it was too big of a deal, but when I saw the little head piece she had to wear I had a mini cry session. She looked so pitiful! I was also worried that when Baylor saw Mylea with the lights and head piece she would be scared, but in true Baylor form she said, "Oh look! Mylea's wearing a headband!"


Since Mylea's birth we have celebrated mine and Colby's  7th wedding anniversary, Baylor's official 3rd birthday (though she didn't realize it), and are adjusting to life as a family of four! We are so thankful to God for this sweet season of life!

James1:17-"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

 Here are a few pics from the hospital and life at home.






















No comments:

Post a Comment