Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tis the Season

Tis the season for miracles and joy!  We are ecstatic about our newest little miracle and the sweet blessing of life!  As most of you know, we had trouble getting pregnant with Baylor.  It was a 2 year process that included surgery, medicine, shots, tons of sonograms, 2 IUI's and a partridge in a pear tree. :)  Since having Baylor we have never used any preventative measures to not get pregnant, we just for whatever reason can't.  So....as the horror of pregnancy and birthing a child wore off and the desire to expand our family grew, we decided to start fertility treatments once again. This time, we went straight to what worked the last time which was fertility medicine, hcg shot, IUI.  Even though it really hasn't been that long ago that we went through this process with Baylor, I had forgotten how emotionally draining and time consuming the process was.  Lots of sonograms, getting hopes up while trying to stay realistic, and the last 2 weeks of the month which seem more like 2 years wondering, "what if?"  So, I had made the decision myself that this was going to be a one and done time.  If it worked great, if not, then we could revisit the subject at a much later time. We told very few people that we were even starting this process again not because I really cared if anyone knew or not, but from the last time I knew that it is just a bummer to have to tell everyone, "Nope, not this time" over and over and over again. But despite my best efforts, my hopes were up and my excitement was growing.  And on Friday November 16th I got the official call from my doctor, "Congratulations Emily, you're pregnant." He also told me there must have been Divine Intervention for this to work on the first time.  I agreed! His nurse told me when they got the official test results they were all cheering in the office! We didn't tell anyone in our family, except my sister ( Hello, I'm a girl, I have to talk to someone about this :) ), so when we came in for Thanksgiving Baylor was wearing this!


No one saw it at first because Baylor is a wild child and goes straight to running and playing.  However, she finally slowed down enough for my mom to get a good look at it. She was in shock and disbelief at first, then over joyed!  My dad was laughing and clapping his hands.  My nephew told my sister he wanted them to adopt a baby. So funny!  And so fun to finally get to surprise them!!!  We took Baylor out to Colby's  mom's house and she talked to Baylor and hugged Baylor and never even noticed.  Finally I told her we had been shopping and to look at Baylor's new shirt.  Again, it was a great reaction.  Excitement and joy!

We are so thankful for God's perfect plan for our growing family.  We pray blessings abound for all of our family and friends this Christmas season.


Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment